Sunday, June 21, 2009

Road To Glory

For those of you that know me, I'm a huge Sports Entertainment Wrestling fan. Since I was a child, I've been a huge follower of the WWF [now known as WWE] and even a bit of WCW and ECW, which are now defunct and bought out by WWE. I've been a huge fanboy of their video games as well, especially their recent trend of "Smackdown! vs Raw" series games [now featuring ECW! WAHOO!]

Also for people who know me, I love to create stories and characters. I like to create things, have people read or experience them and get hooked into them wanting more. Maybe it's a control thing, maybe I'm just starved for attention. Either way, it's something I've always done.

When Smackdown vs. Raw [Smackdown and Raw are TV shows owned by WWE, as is ECW that appear every week... For those of you that don't know] first came out as a video game, I started doing something that I'm slightly fanatical about. The first games had something called a GM [General Manager] Mode, where you could control 1 or all 3 shows, who faces who, who rivals with who, who has what title... Etc. etc. And I began making records of this, using MS Excel.

I've done this for YEARS now, each year developing my records with the games that come out each year. And this year, I decided to make it public. Thus, we have Road to Glory, my SECOND blog. Each week, the day before the show typically is hosted [Raw is on Monday, ECW is on Tuesday, Smackdown is on Fridays... So I'll be posting Raw on Sunday, ECW on Monday and Smackdown on Thursday] I'll be posting my shows, based on my matches and storylines and as I continue to work on them, my own characters will begin popping into the shows to combat the WWE stars. You'll eventually see old superstars that aren't in the business anymore, or completely made-up people, but it's all fanboy stuff... So who cares?

I doubt anyone here is interested, but if you've ever read anything I've written and liked what I do with characters and such, feel free to check it out;

http://www.rd2glory.blogspot.com

It's going to be a fun project... So we'll see.

Today is Father's Day and I'm ironically happy I'm not spending it with my father. In the end, I guess I do care about my father, but we've had such hardships in our relationship, sometimes spending entire days with him is hard. He and I don't get along great, but sometimes we're okay. He's been a lot less confrontational and bossy since I moved out and now that I'm talking about moving farther away up north, I think he's trying even harder to be more friendly with me... I guess it's good, but you look at it as "Why does it take something this serious to give him a reason to be nice?" you know? He should have been a kinder man to begin with.

I'm not saying I had the worst relationship in the world with my father, but it definitely wasn't good. Details shall remain grayed out, thank you.

Anyway, the reason I'm not doing the Father's Day thing is that Bunny is viciously sick. Off and on this past month, she's been feeling sick and throwing up, then feeling fine again. But last night, she was at work and started vomiting her brains out. She actually had to have me pull over when bringing her home [too sick for her to drive] and yak a bit more on the side of the road. Then she vomited all night long and had to call out of work today [which did not go over well] but luckily, now she's feeling a bit better... She's keeping water down, at least.

Gotta tell you, her being sick freaks me out. I'm not a medical genius because as a kid, I really never got sick. And when I did, I simply dealt with it and if it didn't go away, I continued to deal with it. I even had strep throat for over a week, merely because I was too damn stubborn to go to a doctor without insurance and when I finally did get better, it was because someone else had and knew the proper medication for strep.

If it wasn't for that, I'd have had strep for a few MONTHS until my insurance kicked in and I could afford to go to the doctor. Or maybe I just wouldn't have bloody gone. I'm stubborn, I told you.

So now we're chilling at home, Bunny laying on the couch all day. I think she's actually asleep now [which, by the way, is an adorable sight] and we're watching movies. I hope she feels better because a) I know she hates doctors and b) I just don't like her being anything but the perfect picture of health. She almost never is, but in the end, I can dream.

We can all dream.

~Class Dismissed~

P.S. ~ If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm trying out a new signature. Like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget