Monday, June 22, 2009

The Rat Pack

For the past few months, I have been on the edge of telling my supervisor to piss off, or talk to someone about his shitty attitude. I've been holding back because with the economy the way it is, I know they could probably fire him in a second and not even be hindered. Not only that, but I know a few people in the office don't like my supervisor and that's just another few feet in the hole he's digging himself into by being a pissy son of a bitch to anyone and everyone in the general vicinity.

However, today I was just so tired of being a nice guy and keeping my silence, so I opened my rat mouth and sung like a canary. Before you get excited, no, the guy didn't get fired. He still works there. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone even spoke to him, even though it was supposedly arranged that someone was going to. The Warehouse Manager was supposed to speak with him privately, but he's kinda too much of a "nice guy" for being an outstanding prick [the irony of all those statements? I like the guy. Good boss.]

Anyway, to make a long story short, I was trying to figure out some of the UPS Bill without the Billing Tool we need to get downloaded, and instantly, my supervisor is bringing up "It's not even your job, I don't know why you're wasting your time doing that when you should be doing what I asked you to do"... See the attitude I'm talking about? Those aren't exact words, but they're damn close.

I feel like if I'm not doing what my supervisor wants at ALL times, he thinks I'm doing something wrong. But the truth of it is, is that "warehouse" employees are never specified to any particular topics. They're always the "jack of all trades", do everything guys. They get pulled here and there, it's like that no matter where I've ever gone or seen guys who either work as stock boys, warehouse employees, anything. We will always be doing things that are not "our responsibility". Not for other people, but for the betterment of the company... Isn't that what we should be worried about anyway?

Not my supervisor. He doesn't seem to care about the company. And the more he talks, the less respect I have for him. According to him, he's been this great warehouse manager his entire life, sooo... Why does he suck so much now? Don't get me wrong, this is my first warehouse job, but I grew up with a father in a warehouse. I've seen other warehouses and had friends in warehouses. I just think that if he were as experienced as he says, he'd actually know what he's doing. So why, most of the time, to I suggest more logical means of doing things than he does? Why am I thinking of things he is not? I'm not egotistical to say I'm smarter than him because I don't really know him that well.

So today, I spoke to both the Warehouse Manager and the Office Manager and basically explained that I feel like if I don't do exactly what my Supervisor says [and explained what it is that my Supervisor believes, which I believe is wrong] I'm doing everything wrong and in trouble. Which is true... And thus, we find that I'm actually at least in the right.

Not a huge surprise. I typically am right. [Here's the end of my egotistical bit]

~Class Dismissed~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget