Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Hanged Man

I find myself interested in Tarot. I don't know why. But I am. The idea of seeing the future in cards seems insane, irrational and well... Kinda stupid for the most part. I'm open minded to most kinds of possibilities, but I cannot believe in any form of divination.

How can one know the future? An action cannot be done or seen before it is actually done. I believe that God, or rather God as I believe in It exists outside of time and I believe in time, people can also live outside of this minor restriction, but I don't believe in random, normal people seeing into the future while being IN time [if you understand the idea of being "in" time]

Time moves in motions. The moment you're reading THIS happens before you read THIS. It's just how time works, one foot in front of the other. The idea of being able to LOOK at moments in different moments, I guess you'd technically have to be everywhere at once. Or rather, every when. Think about it... In order to look at moments, you can't be IN that moment. But the moment in which you're looking at a moment IS a moment. The action of looking and watching a timeline means that your action of looking must exist within a sense of time. Therefore, even if you're outside of OUR time dimension, you're in ANOTHER time dimension... God's or whatever "higher being" you decide to grovel on your knees at.

It's all very frustrating. Keep in mind, now, that this is the understanding based on the fact that you and I have never been outside of time. Thus, we really don't have any clue how one feels or acts outside of something we've never been outside of.

Wow. Complex. Confused? Good. Means you don't know everything and when you don't know everything, there's more to learn.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a police officer. As I grew up [middle school - recently] I upgraded "police officer" to "soldier". Now, while I am actually not planning on joining the army, it's amazing how things to change. If you had to guess what one of my favorite passions in life is, would you ever guess history? Believe it or not, history was one of my favorite classes in school and I took a huuuge liking to it in high school. As a matter of fact, I helped a few friends with their history lessons back in the day and was told I didn't have a choice but to become a history teacher. Obviously I didn't follow their advice, as I'm working in a warehouse. However, I have to admit if I did have the opportunity and the means to get to that goal, I think I would. In the end, I would rather be a college professor than a high school teacher.

My favorites are United States and Chinese. Russia is vaguely interesting, but I think I find United States and China so interesting is that once upon a time, they weren't all put together, but actually separate tribes. The idea that people as united nations [not to be confused with the United Nations] can band together and try to kill each other just to say who rules where is fascinating. It's no small wonder that the only war that makes me giggle is the US Civil War. Two parts of one nation trying to kill each other over who owns or does not own other people, which is a disgusting notion in itself [which, in turn, makes the war all the more hilarious]

The funnier part is that if the Confederate States had won the war, I would probably a) have servants in my home and b) not find the war as funny. And before we get carried away with ourselves, I don't honestly find any kind of violent action like war "funny", it's more of a sadistic play on words.

Ugh. The idea of slaves... Bothers the crap out of me. Not just black slaves, but slaves in general. Creeps me out because what if the Spanish or the Blacks had been in the shoes of the White people? Would I be a slave today? Would I be facing anemosity and racism?

Interesting idea. Always think about things from the other side of the fence.

"What if" should be a course in middle school you take to learn respect and manners. Or even proper drug/sex control. "What if" you got high and died? "What if" you have sex and get a baby in 9 months? I mean, the younger we smack the crap out of kids and kick some sense into them, maybe the better.

So think on that philosophy. And don't take 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget