Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lucky Day

Ha. Ha. Ha. The bloody irony of it all. Man, sometimes things are just so well timed... It's funny!

You remember yesterday, I mentioned that I kinda sold my supervisor up the river with his crappy attitude? Well, I asked my Manager this morning if he'd spoken to my supervisor, because [as per usual] I had been getting a terrible attitude all morning. I was curious if my Manager had accidentally used my name or implied it was me that had complained... Or maybe my Supervisor just intelligently put two and two together and realized that the person who spends the most time with him at work is the most likely to complain.

Either way, it doesn't matter because my Manager had never spoken to him. Meaning I was getting a pissy attitude for no apparent reason, considering that it had started the second I walked in. So I explained to my Manager why I asked and he said I would have to try to bear with him for awhile, as it was busy in Production and he wasn't sure when he'd be able to speak to the Supervisor.

So, I started to think that maybe my Manager wasn't as convinced as the Office Manager I had originally spoken to... You see, the Office Manager has openly admitted to me that she doesn't like my Supervisor. She realizes he's got a temper and an attitude problem and believes he feels he can get away with things like yelling at co-workers and customers whenever he wants because he's special. I wouldn't go that far with my opinion, but that's not the point. Point is that the Warehouse Manager seemed a little less eager to handle the situation and I was curious if perhaps he wasn't convinced. After all, if someone comes to you and tells you someone else is always a shithead to them, but that person is only ever kind and polite with you, wouldn't you be a little... Well, at least suspicious of the claim? I know I would.

And in my greatest luck of the past month, my Supervisor actually extended his list of "people I've given attitude to" to include our Manager. Long story short, he started mouthing off the very Manager I wasn't sure believed that my Supervisor was a pissy bitch! THE FREAKING LUCKY IRONY OF IT ALL!

Okay, let me clarify. My Supervisor is not a bad guy. I don't particularly like him, but I don't want anything bad to happen. My goal is to merely have the guy ease off my back so that I can do the things I need to do at work and not have someone ride my ass trying to make it seem like I'm not doing my job. That's all... I'm not even asking for gratitude or appreciation... Just the ability to work without someone breathing down my neck telling me every thing I do is a waste of time.

Too much to ask? I think not.

In other news, there was another Road to Glory post yesterday night. I'm really starting to like the project, even though there won't be another post to it until Thursday. I'm already concocting an idea to add a fourth post in the week, but perhaps it's best not to get ahead of myself. I have enough fun with three so far.

Bunny's feeling kinda better, which is good. She's not throwing up, but I'm beginning to suspect the worse, something I typically do right away... This time, because it was her, I guess I just wanted to be optimistic... I'm beginning to believe Bunny's gotten Swine Flu. She started getting sick a month ago and it's seemingly gotten worse, even though she's not throwing up now. That doesn't mean it's getting better, but it doesn't mean it's getting worse either... It's really scary to think she might have it. Not because I care if I get it, I know that if I start throwing up, I'm seeing the doctor immediately and hopefully getting healthy just as quickly. But because it's her and not me, I don't know. Very frightening.

I've noticed that I'm continually gaining weight, which is actually a great thing. When I started working at the Warehouse, I only weighed 120 lbs., standing at 5'6" or so. For those of you who don't realize, that's REALLY thin. Like... Unhealthy thin. I now weigh in at 146 lbs. [from a few days ago] and I'm very proud of that. My goal is actually to hit 180 at some point, because I think that's right around where someone healthy should be for my height. I've never been a "healthy" weight and while I typically don't care, I have noticed the physical changes in my form and I like it. I look... Well, I don't look like I'm going to blow away in the wind anymore. It's funny because I went to an old retail job of mine today and everyone who was there when I worked there had to comment that I looked great, a lot healthier than the last time they saw me. I'm also not minding how typically more stressful physical things are becoming easier, probably because most of the 26 lbs. I'm adding is muscle, thanks to the physical nature of my job. Nice.

So, a friend of mine got married today, apparently, and I find the entire thing off... I'm not a huge believer in getting married really young and these people are younger than me. Not only that, but these are a HUGELY religious couple, right? They got married at the municipal court in town. But wait. It gets better. These people are so religious that they have a church in their basement and a website dedicated to their church. They're like... "Cult" religious... And yet, they got married the legal way. Hell, apparently the guy is a pastor... Unless I miss my guess... He can actually PREFORM the ceremony... And yet. Mr. and Mrs. Religious took the Legal route to marriage? I'm confused. Some people don't agree with me that I've spoken to about it and I respect that, but it's just funny to me. Weird.

You're all weird, though.

~Class Dismissed~

1 comment:

  1. Mr. and Mrs. Religious are still going to have the huge church affair, and you can count me in the FIRM NO department on that.

    I had a taste of that particular brand of religion tonight, and it disturbed me.

    ReplyDelete

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget