Saturday, May 2, 2009

I feel so popular!

Okay, so I don't feel popular at all. I know I typically don't update on weekends, but I'm chilling around the house and felt like screwing with this thing a bit... So far, I've managed to add something for linking, though I have no idea what it's for. I also added my FictionPress.com account to my profile, under My Web Page on the left. For those of you too impatient to find the link;

http://www.fictionpress.com/~sethedgarcross

So far, I've only got 5 chapters of Corruption and 2 poems up, but I'm trying not to overload the system with almost 100 poems, 18 chapters of a book and then a couple dozen other book summaries or character biographies.

HA! I just coined a phrase on AIM that I personally love.

"You win some, you lose some, you light some things on fire." ~ Seth Cross. B. E. A. utiful.

Anyway, I'm kinda annoyed. The government isn't giving me my money in nearly enough time. Okay, so I waited til the second-to-last day to get my federal taxes re-submitted after they rejected me for not having my AGI or last-year's pin number... SO WHAT?! GIVE ME MY DAMN MONEY, PEOPLE!

In the next five minutes, my house will be broken into by S.W.A.T. teams, screaming something about insurance fraud and auditing me and other strange words I don't recognize.

Lately, a lot of "The Forum" people have been coming onto the blog, wishing me well, shouting in the box and leaving me comments. I want to take a second [or however long it takes me to type this] and say thanks for the supportive comments. Not a single person has [so far] come on to bitch or complain or say I have no right to be mad or whatever it is people are probably saying on the forum/in the chat/in IM's behind my back. To the supporting people, you rock. But I think I'm washing my hands of the situation, just like I did of the forum. It's just not worth my time anymore.

So, with FictionPress now a part of my daily internet dosage, I'm considering a DeviantArt page for my artwork. Not all of them are great, but I like to express myself and get feedback. Hell, feedback is typically the motivation that keeps me creating more stuff.

When I was writing Corruption, my best friend Angel, my girlfriend-at-the-time Kitty were all such huge fans of it that I could spend hours talking about what they liked and didn't like with them, what they thought needed improvement or were looking forward to and at the end of the day, I would WANT to write about it. I mean, they can talk about Re-Birth [the second book in that series] to a degree, but without anything really written... It's hard. I always have trouble in the beginning. Once it's going, though... Well, it's going, going, and I'm gone! [Or, at least, up all night for most of the week for a few months until it's done...]

It's really disappointing. If I had the energy and motivation, I could finish a book every few months. Corruption was only 18 chapters long, each chapter only 10 pages. I typically did 1 chapter a night... Imagine if I only did writing chapters on the weekends? 2 chapters a weekend, 4 weekends [typically] in a month so that's 8 chapters a month. A little over 2 months, and that's another book the same size as Corruption. Could you imagine that? 6 books a year?! Wow.

To completely and randomly change the topic, leaving you wanting more information on me doing more writing [because teasing is just TOO much fun!] I'm considering re-starting my comic days. Except this time in black and white, without a regular update schedule and not Goth's High again... Something actually about me, just doing stupid/funny stuff throughout the day at work, with my friends, etc. etc. Or who knows? GH and that combined? Would this lead to another forum?! GAH, THE SUSPENSE MUST BE KILLING YOU!

And with that, I leave you. Sadistic, isn't it? But, well... Why do today [telling you, that is] what I can put off til tomorrow? Of course... What is today, but yesterday's tomorrow?

Think on THAT philosophy, if you please.

2 comments:

  1. You can also put up your writing and poetry on deviantART, it's not just for artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget