Monday, May 18, 2009

A Whole New World

It's official. I haven't actually made the deposit or whatever, but I think we can safely say it without a "maybe" or "trying".

Bunny and I are moving out away from my sister's place. Thank. God.

[Looking at this and last Friday's blog, I'm thanking God a lot lately. Hmm.]

Anyway, the whole moving thing is huge news. Bunny and I have been wanting to move since a month or so after she moved in from being kicked out of her old place by a jackass former friend of hers. My sister hasn't been very... Accepting of Bunny, to say the least. She's flat-out admitted to me that she's not fond of my girlfriend, whom I love a great deal. I can understand it, I guess... Not everyone gets along and Bunny and my sister are very different personalities. But in the end, Bunny moving in decreased my sister's rent by a couple hundred. She does the dishes and to be blunt, she makes me happy, happier than before she moved in.

You'd think my "loving" sister would be... I don't know. Happy? Content? Maybe even grateful?

I'm convinced my parents were right about one thing, possibly the only thing I can agree with them about in my entire life. My sister is selfish. She doesn't seem to care about anyone but her. Sometimes I even think she puts her friends and partying before me, and my sister even talks those people down behind their backs.

Hmm. I wonder if my sister ever reads this?

Random song moment!

"As far as I know, it's just voices in my head
Am I talking to myself because I don't know what I just said"

Go on. Sing it. If you can, find the song ["Walking Disaster" by Sum 41] and listen to that one part. It's mucho importante...


Why? Because it sounds good. HA! I just probably wasted about 2 minutes of your life [if you did it. If you didn't do it, you're not cool! You're... UNCOOL!] See? There's 2 minutes of your life you're never getting back. Because of me. Who knows how many minutes I just rid the world of? [Yeah, like anyone reads what I write.]

So, the sister subject aside [mainly because it's boring me now] I'm happy to be moving for a lot of other reasons. The place we live in now is simply a shithole. I mean, the place costs us over $1,500 a month, so far and the heat doesn't work, there's no AC, the oven doesn't work, the kitchen sink faucet drips non-stop, the electricity is funky and shorts occasionally, there's only a stall shower and NO bathtub and the lawn work is MURDER because of the steep hill in the front. I simply have grown to hate the place. I'm not a huge fan of the wooden floors, either, because it makes the winter's brutal on my feet without the heat working. Bunny and I basically shut ourselves in our room with the electric heater going full-blast, non-stop.

Bunny's making an appointment to see a place for Wednesday and I have an appointment for both of us to see a place on Saturday morning. That's two out of the four places we saw that we liked.

And guess how we found the places? MY iPHONE! This thing gets cooler and cooler. I've found a lot of cool stuff so far, mostly games... I do a lot from it these days... Food? Find it on my iPhone. Call the place. Get directions. Etc. etc. Movie times... Check my bank account... Listen to music the entire time...

I actually set up the appointment for Saturday at work, while working, and on my phone. How freaking cool is that?! This thing is kinda stream-lining my entire life... Little by little...

Of course, too much of something is always a bad thing. I've seen some applications that kinda disturb me. Why in all the nine hells would someone want to turn their phone into their remote control? What happens if you lose your phone? What happens if your entire life runs off this little thing and someone sits on it or something? Bam! There goes your life.

My supervisor, for as worthless as he can be, gave a really great quote to kinda embody the situation. "Laziness is the genius of invention." Meaning quite frankly, that people are driven to create new techologies that will make their lives easier and lazier.

So think on that guest-appearence philosophy. If you're not... Too lazy.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you find a good place. If not, get some slippers :> Mine are dog heads. Its cool.

    ReplyDelete

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget