Sunday, May 3, 2009

iLike things! Don't you?!

For some reason, ever since the iPod, that whole iRandomThingHere style of naming things has gotten more popular. There's even a TV show on Nickelodeon that uses the format; iCarly [good show, by the way] so that's what inspired the title for this one. Why did I just tell you that? Because it's interesting to be a bundle of useless information. Trust me, I know. I both am and have friends like that.

So, what's this one gonna be about? When the Hell will I run out of stupid, nonsensical topics to post these things about?! WHEN WILL IT ALL END?!

Never.

But to the point. This is quite simply, a list of things iLike! [Amazingly simple, is it not?]

iLike video games. I spend a huge amount of time, mostly on the weekends, playing masses of mind-numbing reflex-sharpening video games. Typically, lately, it's been Spiderman Web of Shadows and WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2009, but I also have a great love for Saints Row 2, Civilization Revolution, Lego Batman, Fable 2, The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, Assassin's Creed and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

iLike manga. Lots of it. If I was rich, I'd own a manga library. I'm very picky about what I read, too. I have to like the storyline and characters, but I also have to like the art. I tend to spend a lot of time in bookstores, just sitting around and reading manga... The staff at these stores probably hate me because I rarely buy any manga these days... Some of my favorites are Priest, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Bleach, Shaman King, Hellsing, Mar, King of Hell and Death Note.

iLike music. Oooh, do I like, nay... LOVE music! I must have music available to me at all times. If my laptop was more powerful, I would have all of my music on it. Unfortunately, doing that makes it hard for the machine to think properly because this laptop's a few years old and I have a LOT of music. Some of my most listened to artists are Seether, Disturbed, Korn, Stone Sour, Slipknot, Godsmack and any other random artist that gets a song stuck in my head. I don't limit myself to genres, I just listen to whatever sounds good. Typically, it starts with just one song, then I search some other songs the band/singer has and when I find a good collection of them on one album, I buy it at the local F.Y.E. or Best Buy. On that note;

iLike Best Buy. How can any righteous gamer-addict/techno-geek NOT love Best Buy? This place has so many toys for people like me, there's no end to the pleasure. At times, it's almost orgasmic. Hmm, sticky.

iLike TV. Specifically cartoons, crime shows and certain comedies. Cartoons, well, I've just loved them since I was a kid. I guess in that sense I never really grew up, but I did develop a taste for other shows as well. I won't lie, though, if the cartoon stations are working properly at our place, I probably won't change the channel. However, I also love my crime shows, specifically Law and Order, CSI and definitelly NCIS. Certain other shoes I love are Scrubs and House, ironically funny medical shows. Oh, and don't forget HEROES! I love Heroes. WHEN IS THE THIRD SEASON FINALLY HITTING DVD?! SOMEONE TELL ME!

iLike football. Yeah, believe it or not, I am a big football fan. I watch every game, if I can [and this year, I should be able to, since I don't work Sundays!] My favorite time is definitely the New York Giants, as is normal where I live [if you're not a New York Jets fan, like Bunny is... Ew! The Jets!] I also like the Eagles, the Panthers and the Saints. It's kind of funny/ironic that my job deals directly with the NFL's children's programs, since that means I deal with the teams on a daily basis. You'd think that a hobby being involved with my work would make it less of a hobby, but I still love the game!

iLike books and reading. I won't deny that I don't read like I used to, but I still love reading when I get to it. Lately, I've been obsessed with Terry Pratchett's Discworld series because it's so cooky, how do you not love this stuff? On the other hand, I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan, even though I think the Hobbit was actually a better book. I also love the Noble Dead series, books like Dhampir, Thief of Lives, Sister of the Dead, Rebel Fay... I think they're up to book 6 or so, and I don't even think I got through book 5, but eventually I will... Again, if I had a million dollars, it'd probably go to building my own personal library.

iLike my job. Okay, okay... Most of my friends are going to read that and either have their heads explode or simply not believe it. But it's true, I do love my job. Sometimes the people there rub me the wrong way, but in the end, I guess I have to realize that they're thinking from the same perspective I am... They have to get THEIR jobs, THEIR responsibilities done and sometimes we don't always realize that everyone else has responsibilities just as great, or are at as much risk for trouble if their stuff isn't done. In the end, we're all just trying to get everything done.

iLike finishing my blog with my little catchphrase.

So think on THAT philosophy, should you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget