Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Responsibility

I greatly dislike responsibility. I dislike having to be responsible for mine and other people's actions. I like the idea of being unable to get in trouble. Some people are blessed, they don't take responsibility for their mistakes. Some people can blame them on other people.

Some people tend to blame them on me, even.

Not to be a bitter blogger, but I tend to realize that some people at work never take responsibility for their actions. Mr. NFL [our NFL liaison, so to speak] is just such a person. Today, we discovered that the website had waaay too many of a certain kind of football listed. More than we had in our actual inventory. When we presented this information to Mr. NFL, he checked the transactions of the site and it was revealed he did enter the pieces in. Naturally, that would kind of mean that he had made a simple mistake... Perhaps entering inventory to the wrong item, or a typo, adding another 0 at the end of a number...

No. The idea of him making a mistake is impossible. It is, however, completely possible that the boys in the warehouse gave him the wrong numbers to enter. THAT is a possibility.

Now. Let's reflect on one little fact; It IS truly possible that we could do something like that. Perhaps we gave him a number and he mistook it for that, or we gave him a misleading e-mail... But let's face it; There was no e-mail. I can go through my entire list of e-mails for the past few weeks/months, and honestly tell you; No e-mail went to add this inventory into the website. Thus... How did it get there?

Why... Mr. NFL must have, for one reason or another, entered it.

I'm waiting to find out we're missing lots of pieces from another item, enough to balance out the extra of whatever it was we had extra of.

I try not to hold grudges. I try not to let people get to me or get under my skin.

But this is the third or fourth time I've been blamed for something that I can either prove isn't my fault or something that cannot be proven as my fault. What's that sound like? Well... It sounds I'm being used as a scapegoat. And I don't like being anyone's goat, scape or otherwise.

Think on that philosophy. Before it's all your fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget