Friday, May 22, 2009

TGIF

Wow. I guess now that it is Friday, I can't believe how quickly the week went by. But as I was at work, going through the days, I couldn't believe how long it was taking. Interesting. Damn you, Einstein.

Yeah... TGIF needs to be put on a t-shirt and sold. To me. By the dozens. Because I would wear a new one every Friday for the rest of my life.

I'm in a constant... Inner struggle with something. I do enjoy my job. I like physical labor, to an extent and I can take it easy when I need to by doing paperwork and computer stuff. I actually did that today, honestly. So I have it pretty good.

But... At the end of the day, I can't wait to go home most of the time. And I do tend to get pissed at a lot of the people at work. They can make my day difficult by constantly doing things at the last minute or loading us up with tons of projects, projects we don't have the resources to get done in the time limits they need them done. Sadly enough, we tend to get these things done anyway, but that's neither here nor there.

Thus, we see my dilemma. Not only that, but there are some outside reasons for why this is a bit of a struggle for me. My father hates his job and he drives a forklift in a factory that makes and ships cardboard boxes. I work in an apparel warehouse and our machine is like a forklift... Me and my father have never gotten along very well, so you can kind of see where I get into the issue of why I don't WANT to hate my job. I don't want to be like my father, especially in 30 years when I'm getting into my 50's. I don't want to be coming home to Bunny, telling her how much everyone at work sucks ass and that I want to quit. My mother deals with that all the time and she doesn't seem... Happy with it. I don't think she hates or resents my father or anything, but I don't think she likes that little quality very much.

I'm profusely worried about becoming my father. I already developed his short temper and the lovely little ability to say massively angry, cruel things to people in the middle of my temper tantrums, specifically to cut them down. I struggle with this temper almost every day and definitely every week. I'm also very head strong and very proud, maybe to a point where I'm TOO proud to sometimes say I was wrong or mistaken. I don't deny it's a hard thing for me to swallow my pride and say anything like that.

I worry a lot about stuff like this... Probably why my hair is already graying... And yeah. I'm only 20.

Ah well. I guess some things can't be helped. At the end of the day, I'm not looking for another job so I guess I like my job that much. I really like and respect the owner of my company and I feel I'm respected and liked by him. I tolerate the more annoying people and enjoy the cooler people at work. Maybe sometimes I just forget that it's worth it at the end of the week, especially if the company blows up like it wants to with the direction they're headed in.

In a completely random, sudden change of direction, Bunny and I are going to check out an apartment place tomorrow. I'm mucho excited, we're finally going to move out in November. I did finally break the news to my sister, too. She kinda pissed me off with something she said, so I sorta threw that in her face... Not my proudest moment, but hey... Don't piss me off!

All in all, life can't get much better than this. Bunny and I are looking at places to move out to that DON'T SUCK! and are closer to work. She's off Sunday, so that's a day to spend with her. OH! I have Monday off! Hellooo Video Game Day.

Wait. What? ... What the Hell is Memorial Day?

So think on that phil... Sorry. Video games... What was I talking about again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget