Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Relic

For years, I've always wanted one particular thing... Not a big thing, but it's a silly, simple thing that is actually somewhat a fashion statement. I love old-fashioned things. I love the slacks, button-up shirt and a time with the suspenders look, believe it or not. I love things like trench-coats and those brimmed hats [panama hats, I believe they're called] Cuff links, boots, and the piece de resistance?

The pocket watch.

Something about this little clock on a chain has always fascinated me. I recognize that a wristwatch is more effective and easier to handle and whatnot. It allows you to free up your pocket space... But the pocket watch is a classic. It shows class, style, flash. It shows tradition, and I'm a huge stickler for tradition.

If I could, I'd time travel back to the western days, just to rob people of their clothing. I'd go back to London when guys dressed in suits and ties, and steal their clothing, too.

Really, it's not as creepy as it sounds. I think.

But all of this is leading up to what? Who cares? What's the point? The point is, I love my girlfriend Bunny. Today, she got me my gift for our 1 year anniversary. And what did this wonderful woman get me?

A pocket watch. A beautiful, small, silver pocket watch with a real clock face, not the digital ones you see these days. Gears running off a battery to turn the hands. I already love this thing. When I was a kid, I always wish my dad had bought or been given one of these things that he'd eventually give to me when I was older. I plan on taking care of this thing, even if I don't carry or use it until I can pass it down to my first son [which, I'm sure will be born from Bunny. She's that good] See? Tradition. I want my son to pass it to his son and so on and so forth until the thing is destroyed, lost or forgotten.

And whichever great great great grandson sells that thing, I will haunt them with all the rage of a pissed off Seth Cross. You do not want to see Pissed Off Seth Cross [POSC]

No. You don't.

Think on that philosophy. If you dare.

2 comments:

  1. Glad my love loves his gift..... and me for that matter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I not love you? You're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget