Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blood, Chocolate... AND SEX!

Vampire. Movie. Marathon.

Three words that never sounded so good. Well, actually... The title, blood, chocolate and sex... Those three words sound really good, too. Especially sex. I do like the sex.

But anyway, yeah... Tuesday was the release of Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. This was a pretty big deal to me, Bunny and our little group of friends, as we were/are all huge Underworld fans. I even tried to play the chess-like Underworld online game they had, though I don't think I did very well if I remember correctly.

Anyway, the third movie came out Tuesday and Bunny had off today, so we decided on Monday to do a three movie marathon of all three and we just finished the first of three... Which was actually movie three.

You see, the trilogy goes movie 3 [the prelude] movie 1 and finally, movie 2 [where most of the characters all die, if any are even left alive at this point] The movies were excellent and I wish there was a game based on this world, as in-depth as WoW. But then, I don't think I would ever be able to stop playing. I'd need one of those new hut things they built for WoW, so I could crap and keep playing.

Sick, innit?

While that's neither here nor there, it's a pretty good way to end a really shitty day. I found out I cost my company about $5,500 today by shipping an order incorrectly and I'm kind of worried about the repercussions of that little blunder. While my boss did not seem at all happy with me, I'm hoping he respects the fact that I owned up to it when he asked me. I would have come forward about it, but I had no idea until someone told me. But I admitted it was my mistake, because it was.

And the day in general sucked ass. I couldn't cash my federal taxes, so me and Bunny's phones have to wait until tomorrow after we were all excited about getting them today before the movie marathon. The shipping at work was insane, as it seems like everyone's lately waiting until after lunch to get anything done for me to ship. And naturally, this huge project for shipping that we're trying to get done all this week is now getting rushed full-speed ahead because... Well, just because it's natural that it couldn't be done calm and smoothly because nothing at work is ever calm and smooth.

It's sad, because I honestly do love my job. My dream is that the company grows and expands to the point where the shipping/receiving department is like 20+ guys instead of just 3 and I can spend most, if not all of the day doing computer work, or watching over the other minions that will be doing the computer work. I want to be printing the orders in the back, entering the inventory ourselves, adjusting the website to reflect what we have and offer... The afternoon would be filled with shipping, three or four computers lined up while people picking the orders were weighing the boxes on individual scales and giving the shipper's the weights... It'd be a beautiful thing.

I keep thinking that I should stop and try to map out the progression of merchandise throughout the company's work, try to see what I can fix-up or improve. My boss seems to really respect the people who try to improve the company and I don't think I've ever liked working at a place as much as I like working here. This is another reason why I'm so nervous about what's going to happen with this shipment I screwed up from Monday.

I guess in the end, the worst part is the waiting game. You know how time seems to speed up when you're trying to get stuff done and slow down when you're either dreading or looking forward to something? You'd think time would speed up when you're dreading it because then you'd get stuck BAM wherever you are, which would suck. But then you also have to realize that the longer it seems to take, the longer you're antagonized by ... Well, the waiting.

It's like Einstein said... Time is relative... Put your hand on a hot stove, a second is an hour. Put your hand on a hot woman and an hour is a second.

So think on that philosophy! ... AND GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY GIRLFRIEND!

Ya bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget