Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Pen is Mightier...

Or at least, the saying SAYS it is... C'mon, though. Let's have a fight, you armed by a pen and me with a sword... Who's REALLY gonna bet on the pen now?

Anyway, for those of you who know me even vaguely, you should know that I aspire to be a world-famous author... Not to be famous, not for the money, but for the love of writing, of sharing my ideas with the world. See, the world famous part isn't [again] for the fame or money, but merely because the more popular I [or rather, my writing] is, the more people know of my writing and thus, the more it spreads.

I've written one book [well, manuscript] already in my life... Corruption is my first child in the literature world, a story about Vampires, Werewolves, Witches and a few of my own creations; Guardians and Hunters as they all try to run in the circles of their own politics, twisted sense of morality and the worst of all reasons; Who owes who what favors. My avatar character, Alexander is the main character. Born centuries ago, the second creature ever to be turned into a Vampire by the Father Vampire [the original Vampire, the SOURCE of all Vampires] Tyrale Corren, Alexander Stinda is an assassin for hire in the supernatural world.

But that isn't the limit to my creations... Vampires and Werewolves are probably my favorite topic, but I think my grand masterpiece is Kranin. What is Kranin? A world. My world. Following in the footsteps of people like Tolkien and Pratchett, I've been working on the history of an entire world that I created as a setting for many of my fantasy stories. Unlike Corruption, which is a modern genre, Kranin is purely old-world sword-and-sorcery style Lord-of-the-Rings-eat-your-heart-out genre. This is the stuff I get high off of... No one really understands my love for these kinds of stories. If I could go back in time to this period... I would.

Anyway, I come up with a lot of different kind of story ideas, I think I'm somewhere in the 30's. Corruption itself is part of a 5 book series called the Blood War series. After the fifth book, I plan on having smaller post-Blood War series books where the main characters in the BW series are more like legends and I can introduce a lot of newer, different characters in a brand new set-up, as the Blood War [the name of the series and a war IN the series... Get it?] changes the face of the world greatly. Once it's over.

Kranin is a never-ending story in itself. Though, I'm constantly changing details until things match or mix. Imagine that... Changing history with the stroke of a key. Ha. Another personal goal... I've become God.

Think on THAT philosophy... And tremble.

2 comments:

  1. >>Changing history with the stroke of a key. Ha. Another personal goal... I've become God.

    Sounds like a case of hubrus if you ask me.

    Anyway, I know where you come from, that's some of my favourite stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The God crack was mostly just dramatic flair for the end of the blog. Don't get too concerned.

    Luckily, with the forum out of my way, I may start devoting a lot more time to my writing. Maybe Re-Birth, the book after Corruption or maybe my first Kranin book.

    ReplyDelete

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget