Monday, July 6, 2009

Silver Lining?

I finally stopped being such a lazy bastard and went to my old retail job and spoke with a former co-worker I had worked with a noticed a good work ethic of about maybe jumping ship to work at the Warehouse with me. Overall, he seemed pretty excited about it, but there are some kinks to work out. Since it's not about me, I guess I won't be divulging too much information, shall I?

We emptied 1 and 1/2 of the containers that we need emptied by Wednesday. So there's 1 and 1/2 left and the 1 whole container is already on pallets... That one may take 30 minutes to unload and the other one, well... We unloaded the first half in about 2 hours. Since it'll be the morning and I noticed my guys worked a bit quicker in the morning [less tired, hadn't sat down for 30 minutes on a break to kinda let the tiredness catch up to them... Understandable] so I'm pretty confident we'll be done with MORE than enough time to do other things.

UPS killed me today, though. I have 26 boxes from Thursday. They dumped 40 more on me and claimed there was supposed to be another 7. A customer came by and dropped off almost another 10. I've got over 75 boxes on my dock, completely untouched because I was putting boxes away all morning and unloading half that second container and then doing the shipping... I am so screwed. I'm hoping the Boss and my Manager "ok" my friend to start NEXT WEEK, part-time. If he can just do receiving and nothing BUT receiving for 4 hours everyday... Damn. I would love that.

I got to speak to an old friend of mine today and she was really down. It makes me realize that most of my good friends that I enjoy the company of almost never speak to me. It kinda depresses me... Either I'm hard to approach or my friends that I love spending time with are all inconsiderate assholes. Ugh. Bastards. All of you.

Did I mention that Wednesday we have ANOTHER container coming IN with 517 boxes? LOVELY!

I posted this Monday's R2G and overall, I was happy with it. The main event was hard because THE two main eventers were used early in the show, but not in a match. I can't use the same people too many times without people getting tired of seeing the same bloody people over and over again. You'd think with such a huge roster... I wouldn't have to do that. I do have a lot of main eventers, so it should have been easy... But I guess I'm old fashioned. The title picture should be THE main event. And when it isn't, I guess it's just funny to me.

So I was driving to work and I had so many ideas of how to start another book, I think I would have if I wasn't so tired when I got home. That's a really lame excuse, but it's the truth. I actually just forgot about it until now. Speaking of writing, though, I have to remember to get those summaries out of my phone and onto either the internet or my computer. Either way, we'll see!

~Class Dismissed~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget