Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rawr

Today is my father's birthday. I not only REMEMBERED it was today, but specifically set a reminder for today so I couldn't forget to call him. Thus, when it went off right before my lunch break, I called my parent's house to wish him a happy birthday as early as possible. I assumed he had taken the week off because it was his birthday in the middle of it. Unfortunately, no such luck. As a matter of fact, he might even have had to stay overtime because there was someone at his job out on vacation or sickness, or whatever.

I get out of work at 4:30. I go to Bunny's workplace to see her on her break, which I believe she took around 5. 5:30 her break was over and I went to a bookstore before going home, and I don't think I actually LEFT the bookstore til almost 7. Half an hour drive home and I finally got home around 7:30. Somewhere along the line I must have fallen asleep because I was woken up right before 9 by my mother who was apparently pissed I "hadn't tried to call my father".

Excuse me? Did I not speak TO HER on my lunch break and did she not tell me he might have even had to work overtime, getting out at 7PM anyway? Did I not remember and make that call ON MY OWN without her reminding me or helping me? When she called 3 days beforehand to try to remind me, had I not TOLD HER that I had KNOWN it was coming up and had planned on speaking to him on the day?

Screw. That.

She eventually hangs up on me and I try to call my parent's house twice, getting the answering machine both times. So I call my father's cell phone which isn't picked up before calling my parent's house again, intent on at least trying to leave a message to explain what had REALLY happened to my father when he picks up. Five minutes later, I'm sitting on the phone enraged with him as he proceeds to tell ME that I had forgotten his birthday. He proceeds to tell ME that I obviously did NOT work hard enough to be tired after work and fall asleep. He proceeds to tell ME that I started an argument with my mother when she called me, trying to excuse myself for "not calling" him.

Excuse me?!

No. I do not think so. I do not work my ASS off at my job where I'm SUPPOSED to have a partner and I DON'T and I STILL get everything everyone needs done ON TIME so someone who doesn't know JACK SHIT about my job to tell me I do not work hard enough. I do NOT struggle with a short-term memory problem that typically leaves me not realizing WHAT'S GOING ON without immense attempts to concentrate on whatever needs to be remembered SPECIFICALLY TO REMEMBER HIS BLOODY BIRTHDAY to be told I did not remember.

Screw. This. Shit.

I am one of two of their children. They have an older daughter. Yet somehow, despite everything, I have always been considered the "bad kid". I didn't do well in school, I was known to talk back and when I was very young, I admit I had a tendency to lie. However, as time went on, I did not go out without telling them and stay out forever so they would be worried all night long. I did not break their rules and let them find out about it. I did not ask for money, nor did I steal it from them. I did not total any of the cars they gave me, as a matter of fact, I am still using the first one they ever gave me. I did not do drugs or have friends who did drugs and then screw me over for money which my parents then had to cover. I have never not paid my parents back for a money loan.

My sister cannot make any of these claims. Yet I am the "bad kid".

Screw. This. Shit.

I am furious. I am beyond furious. I am enraged like someone like me should never become enraged. My blood is boiling, raising, and anything else that can be described as a symptom of extreme uncontrollable anger. Which is sad, considering that despite having a temper, I am actually very laid back most times.

I anger, therefore I am.

So think on THAT philosophy, you bunch of bastards.

~Class Bloody Dismissed~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget