Thursday, July 9, 2009

Maybe... Just Maybe

Today, I had 100 boxes on my dock to start. I gained more than 30 throughout the day. I ended with somewhere around 60. You know what that means? That maybe... Just maybe I am good enough to do my own bloody job.

Gotta admit, Manager taking over planning the Warehouse? Not the high point of my career. I'm starting to feel as though the company has resigned to the idea of "Seth can't hack it yet so we'll basically let him do the little stuff he's been doing and we'll do the big boy stuff for now"... Not a great feeling.

I was driving TO work this morning when something clicked and I threw both my arms up [and my hands off the wheel] and said in obvious shock and dismay "IT'S THURSDAY! ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT!" Yes, my week has felt that long.

I'm starting to want to smack people who keep talking about my haircut. Die, vermin. Die.

I used my iPhone to jot down some notes about Bones Begone, the first book in a series of fantasy/crime novels I plan on writing called the Graveyard Crew. They center around Gregory Hellson, a detective who finds out he's got magic in his family tree when he dead grandfather, David, reveals their past to him and he takes in a fugitive Vampire/cyber criminal named Michael and meets a number of other freaks and weirdos as the story progresses. Eventually Gregory must embrace this part of his life and become a detective of the supernatural, leading his team of allies, which get nicknamed the Graveyard Crew [because they begin to work "graveyard hours", late night shifts. Get it?!]

I have chapter one starting to form in my mind, which is exciting. That means after I begin to map out the scenes, writing comes next. I won't know when or how or why until that time comes, though... FUN FUN! Mucho exciting.

I've been re-reading bits and peices of Corruption and all I can think is "Oh my God, did I really think this shitty dialog wasn't going to suck raw eggs when OTHER people read it?!" I mean, really. The talking just sucks to me. Everyone loves it, but I think it blows chunks like a $1 prostitute who doesn't swallow.

Yeeeah. Enjoy that little mental image. Bitch!

~Class Dismissed~

2 comments:

  1. Corruption was good as a first draft, but it needs work.

    And I really can't wait for the Graveyard Crew, I'm glad that you're coming back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't you one of the biggest fans of Corruption? O.o Now all of the sudden it "needs work"?

    Not that I don't agree, I personally think it sucks, it's just a huge surprise to hear you say something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget