Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Not Enough

Ugh. I had a crap day. My Manager had to help us out with putting stuff away today and it's kinda good news, bad news.

I enjoy the fact that if I'm in a tight spot, I can actually trust in my Manager to help me get things done. It's reassuring to know he's willing to do whatever it takes not just for Production, where he typically stays, but the Warehouse, where I'm in charge. My old Supervisor painted a very different picture of him. I'm beginning to realize that without my old Supervisor, I have to completely wipe the slate clean on my opinion's of everyone in the company and restart with my own opinions, completely unhindered. Not that I meant to have them influenced, but I guess when you work with someone for 40 hours a week, that's what happens... I hope I don't do that to anyone else.

Anyway, the bad news is that I needed help. I know, I know. Someone's going to say "But aren't you short-staffed? Doesn't that mean you're GOING to need help?" [mainly because Bunny and others have been saying that] but that doesn't matter to me. They expect me to get things done and if I need to turn to Managers just to get those things done, then the Manager should be running things. Not me. I can't say I'm worried about the situation, but I'm not happy either...

Woot. I got a haircut. Finally, the long hair has become annoying and it was getting really unhealthy with the split ends... It feels good to shed a little.

Overall, I'm bloody tired. But in order to fill this blog a bit, I'll end it with a poem. GASP!

Not Enough

Sometimes it feels like there's nothing I can say
And nothing I can do
To make it all better
To make it up to you

I try to escape this hell
Try to climb this hill
I try not to fall
But I know I will

I can't do it
It's just not in me
Don't you understand?
Can't you see?

Everything in front of me
It's all too tough
What I've got
It's not enough

I try to soar
Spread my wings to fly
But I crash and burn
Looks like I can't touch the sky

I tried to be on your side
Stood by you on your place
But I just can't
Put a smile on your face

But it's not enough
It's not enough
It's just not enough!
I'm sorry...

And you say
I'm not that strong
I'm too weak
You're wrong

I've got it all
I've got enough
I can beat
Whatever you call tough

But I won't accept your words
I don't need the pain
So I wash it all off
Just like water in the rain...

Now the tables are turned
Now you're struggling with what's tough
You can't keep up
You're not enough.


~Class Dismissed~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget