Friday, July 3, 2009

Eve of Independence

It's a sad, sad day in my life when I realize that I may be required to wear my knee braces to work from now on. Both of them. Ugh.

When I was around... 8 years old, I was playing soccer in my own back yard. I was kicked in the back of the knee by someone and my left knee was badly injured. I was on crutches for a few months and during that time, my right leg was used to shoulder all my body's weight and ever since, my right knee has been almost as bad as my left knee, especially considering my left knee didn't seem to heal correctly.

Nowadays, I can feel something in my knee pop in and out of place as I bend and unbend the damn thing. Sometimes the entire knee gives out and I'm in pain for a few minutes afterward... It's never good times.

Yesterday, I was at work and just walking around to get from the desk to the receiving tables seemed... Achy. It didn't HURT, like a great deal of pain, they just ACHED a lot. The braces will give me a bit more support and maybe wearing them throughout the week will keep them from aching or maybe make it a bit better... Either way, I have to try to find my braces before Monday and give them a shot. I just cannot wait for questions from people who work there, though. That's going to be fun.

I had the day off and instead of doing anything productive, I elected to spend the day with a Vampire Movie Marathon and wound up watching the Blade trilogy. Good actions movies, but in the end, they kind of suck for Vampire movies. They're the kind of movies you watch for the cool explosions and weapons, not to watch a good Vampire movie. Underworld was a great Vampire movie, Van Helsing was one of the best new Vampire movies... Lost Boys, John Carpenter's Vampires... Good Vampire movies. Blade trilogy... Not so much.

I still cannot believe they tried to make a TV show out of it. I saw a few episodes and decided I was wasting my time. Speaking of television, that new show, Royal Pains? It's actually really good. It reminds me a bit of House and Burn Notice... House is a famous medical show and Burn Notice is a newer show about a resourceful ex-spy trying to live life after being fired from his spy job. The reason I relate Burn Notice to Royal Pains [which has absolutely nothing to do with spies] is because the doctor in Royal Pains his extremely resourceful, as he usually does not have the capability of going to the hospital to treat people who are sick or injured. It's very cool to see how he makes everyday things work in a medical situation. Very cool indeed.

So this past week was the first week I was alone in the warehouse with just our NFL stock guy. It wasn't easy and the weather didn't really help. It poured like crazy a few days and when it wasn't pouring, it was really REALLY hot out. All in all, not a great time, but I think I've got things under control for now. I'm finding out that talking to my bosses doesn't seem as hard as the old Supervisor made it sound like. The way he talked about their conversations, it was like they refused to compromise about anything and everything had to be done as it was set down in the beginning and nothing could ever change. So far, I haven't seen that kind of attitude or mindset, so I'm pretty relaxed with how things are going.

I'm not looking forward to next week, though. I have to empty three containers into the already over-crowded warehouse and then receive another fourth container on Wednesday. THEN I have to find time and manpower to pack up probably about two container-fulls of old merchandise and have it transferred to our other warehouse in the next town over. All while trying to keep our daily activities relatively still on-time... Yeeeah. We'll see.

I do have to try to walk into my old job and talk to a few guys about if they want full-time work and to get out of retail. I know at least one guy is definitely looking and another guy used to complain a lot, but never seemed to try too hard to actually get out of that store... We'll have to see, either way. And speaking of either way, I doubt I'll get anyone into the warehouse within the next month, even with the projects of next week. I'd be lucky to get anyone as early as the middle of August.

Oooh, I have to post Road 2 Glory, too! Almost forgot, even though I'm sitting here, watching WWE Smackdown! Ah well. Here we go.

~Class Dismissed~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget