Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Touch me, beautiful!

Okay, so for starters I threw some trivia into this one... The post title is a quote. From a movie. Can you guess what it is, WHILE reading the post, WITHOUT searching it and basically without doing anything but reading? Non-stop? You can read slower, but you cannot stop.

And don't think we won't know. We do. We already know you were thinking about it.

Perverts.

Anyway! So recently, my buddy and good friend "Kitty" got a new phone by changing her AT&T plan. She used to have a slide phone [I think] and now she's got a Black Berry kinda thing. A friend of mine in Rahway had one of these, too, even when she constantly had to switch because apparently she was good at getting defective phones... I never saw a point to Black Berries. I thought they were kinda stupid.

Thus, I realize I'm kinda critical of new technology most of the time. Sadly enough, for being such a tech-junkie, I tend to regard most new things as "Oh, that's just stupid!" And then, eventually, I come around, try it out and "HOLY CRAP! THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME! HOW DID I LIVE WITHOUT THIS THING?!"

Double thus... We come to the iPhone. Came out... Thought it was the stupidest, most overrated piece of crap. I ridiculed friends of mine that got it and basically told them I thought they were stupid. Now? Well, my phone plan is ending in October and I think I'm going to try to get an upgrade to the iPhone. I could renew it right now and get a re-furbed 8 GB for $99. Of course, my phone bill raises by $30 for the Data Plan that comes with the iPhone. However, the rest stays the same. $40 for the plan, $20 for the Unlimited Messaging I love and around $10 in taxes [though, I guess with another $30, that would actually change and go up, right?]

I'm even considering being a sneaky bastard... I want to see if, in October, I can walk into an AT&T outlet store, talk to someone "in charge" about my issue and see if they'll discount me a phone, especially if it's re-furbed... Or even get a new one FOR the re-furbed price, trying to tell them I'm considering someone else's service.

Sneaky? Underhanded? How dare I? Pft. Watch me.









OH! By the way... The post title? One of the American Pie movies... One of the guys is trying to score with a college girl and he thinks he's real smooth. At some point, they're in a car at some make-out point and he turns to her and simply goes [WAAAY too dramatically] "Touch me, beautiful!"

Classic.

4 comments:

  1. The iPhone is pretty cool, but your battery will die very quickly because you will use it for so many things other than just texting and making phonecalls.

    I personally don't have one, but I do have a 2nd generation iPod Touch which is pretty much the same thing.

    You better jailbreak it when you get it, it kicks so much more ass that way. ;]

    ~sqrage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what "jailbreak" means O.o Is that pathetic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much alters the operating system allowing you to download a lot of things that Apple doesn't want you to. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. Lovely. Illegal activity.

    Sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget