Saturday, April 11, 2009

All Growed Up

It's amazing how swiftly time goes by. Only a few years ago, I didn't really care much about anything. I had a girlfriend I thought I was in love with, I lived with my parents and worked whatever part-time job I had at the time... Which, by the way, I had to swap out every few months for various reasons. I hadn't really ever worked a full-time job except for once and it ended kinda crappy.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. [No, nor is it over there, either.]

The thing of it is... I guess I was just a stupid teenager. Keep in mind, I'm only 20 now, so it's not like I'm some greatly experienced adult or anything. I guess my worldliness has somewhat improved, but... It's funny because I keep thinking back or looking back [whichever's easier at the moment, really] and BAM! I feel so... Old.

I rent a home with my older sister and girlfriend that I've been dating for about a year now. [11 days til the anniversary, even!] I pay my car and phone payments. I work full-time in a warehouse and I even get health insurance through it. I do my own taxes. No one buys anything for me, I pay all my own expenses [along with spending quite a bit of money on my girl, which I enjoy doing]

It doesn't sound like much. As a matter of fact, most people do the same things... Without a second glance. Keep in mind, however, you're talking about someone who's teenage life has only just recently died.

Kinda scary. Kinda intimidating. And I don't typically intimidate well.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! You mean you're only 20? I assumed older. xD

    ~Pineapple

    ReplyDelete

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget