Wednesday, April 15, 2009

When life gives you lemons, throw them at people. It's fun!

Today was definitely not what you'd call a "better day". Aside from some genuinely bad personal news, the entire day seemed to suck and get me down... Mucho. Badnesso.

From the beginning of the morning, I don't know what it was, but I've been in a funk. I wonder if it's "soda withdrawal"... You see, last week I started getting some really bad headaches and dizzy spells... A friend of mine asked what I had been eating and drinking all day and I told her not much food and mostly soda [Seth is a soda fiend. I'll down a whole 12 pack on a Saturday if ya don't stop me] She was wise and compassionate enough to inform my silly self that soda has been known to have those effects, due to all the sugar. So, all of yesterday I didn't drink ANY SODA! And today I only had a little bit, so the binge of anti-soda kinda got cheated on, pissed on and stepped on today. But only a little bit!

Anyway. Did you know that ONE CAN OF SODA, which is like 12 oz. has MORE SUGAR and other bad crap than 32 oz. of Snapple?! 12 > 32?! Damn you, math! You've failed me yet again! For those of you not doing the math [or not capable. Hey, I don't judge!] the soda can is almost ONE THIRD the amount of the Snapple, and yet it has more... So imagine if I ingested as much soda as I did Snapple the other day. I'd be more wired than a squirrel nibbling his way through a power line!

But aside from my crappy feeling and the bad news [which, no, I'm not going to share. Stop waiting for it] I guess I was kinda pissy about my boss today... He left the job site TWICE! TWICE! Well, actually, he left for our second warehouse early in the morning and then left early today for a doctor's appointment. Now, don't get me wrong. I understand the need for a doctor's appointment when it's needed [and he had a valid need] but I've been there since September... I'm working on my... 9th month, considering the day of the month I started? Never taken a personal day. Never been sick. I went into work with strep throat. I went to work vomiting. I went to work hungover [thank you, New Years! I love you. I'm just not... IN love with you] This guy has been there almost a year [so really only a few months more than me] and used ALL of his personal/sick days and vacation time. As a matter of fact, I think he might have even had to not get paid for this afternoon's 2 hours he wasn't there for. The guy takes smoke breaks every hour and you're only supposed to take 2. He calls his wife anytime during the day. He barely does anything except ONE part of the jobs back there and MAYBE [just to give him some credit] he schedules the rest of the stuff we need... Like trucks going to the other warehouse and stuff. But it's not complicated stuff. I bet I could get just as much as him done if... Well, he gave me the phone numbers for anything.

See, it's kinda like a trap. The guy doesn't use the work phone and doesn't give out the work number. He gives his cell phone number... He calls people on his cell. He stores all the numbers on his cell. If he quits or gets fired, suddenly we may not have numbers for anyone we need, like trucking companies, supply companies and even our third-party second warehouse. Get it? He's MAKING himself an asset. He's FORCING us to depend on him and I find him to be anything BUT dependable. Just look at how often he's NOT THERE.

It gets to me. I do so much back there and I actually put a lot of effort into my job. I constantly try to add processes and ways of doing things to streamline a complicated, annoying system we have. I do work for other people that really has nothing to do with me, it's just quicker if I do it. I do ALL the paperwork. I do ALL the shipping. I do half the receiving. I handle things for the big customer that pays most of our company's wages... I practically ran inventory in Jan. I answer all the office, production and art departments' questions, not my supervisor.

And I'm the right hand man. Yeah. Okay.

See? My lemons.

Ah well. Time to find my next target. Do lemons hurt when thrown? We'll find out. Oh, will we find out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd work on getting the phone #s of the shipping ppls and stuff, complain to higher-ups and then get his ass fired, and yours promoted.

    Black on White kills my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, the page is white on black :)

    Second of all, why? It's just the opposite of what black on white really is.

    ReplyDelete

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget