Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Team Cross [AKA Lunch Time Crusades, pt. 2]

Heh. Team Cross... Get it?! Like the whole Team Edward/Jacob craze from last month over the New Moon movie?! It's funny. Except who would be my rival? Who could possibly top my awesomeness?

That, my friends, is a question that may never be answered... DUN DUN DUUUN!

Idiotcy aside, Team Cross is a new idea. In the past, when I wrote chapters of Corruption, I would hand the story out to basically anyone who was interested in reading a story about a Vampire Assassin and a world filled with Witches, Lycans, Vampires and tons of other stuff. These days, well... It's not that easy as some of my best readers are too busy and new prospects are low in stock. So I'm bringing together a group of 5 people, each who fall into a different category.

Team Cross Member #1 - The Elder - Someone a bit more up there in the age stat that I'm hoping will appreciate the writing. The person in mind has read Version 1 and enjoyed it. Now I have to try to convince this person to read Version 2 and hope the writing stays good.

Team Cross Member #2 - The Newbie - Someone who has shown interest, but never read through Version 1. This gives me a fresh aspect of someone who won't judge according to the first version. This is brand new to them and thus, I can get brand new perspective.

Team Cross Member #3 - The Naysayer - Someone who has read the book, or at least part of it and constructively explained why they felt the writing or story was not up to par. The mission here is to show them Version 2 and sway them into being a fan.

Team Cross Member #4 - The Double-Header - Someone who read the book and has made both positive and negative comments. This person is my balance and may be able to report if anything good is suddenly missing from Version 2 and hopefully will strike their negative criticism since Version 1.

Team Cross Member #5 - The Kindred Spirit - Someone who may or may not have read the book, but is something of a writer themself. This is possibly one of the most important people, if not THE most important person, as this person will share with me an experience perspective and hopefully open new doors for either Version 3 [God, I hope not] or the sequel, if Version 2 is good enough in my own eyes.

There may be a #6, that being the "Nazi", someone who will read through the story strictly to correct crappy grammar and spelling. I haven't decided fully on that one, but the first 5 categories are definite and I have people in mind for each role. Hopefully Team Cross will mean Team Success and who knows, maybe I'll delude these people into continuing to remain Team Cross for the next 4 books. One never knows.

After Book 1, Version 2 is complete, if it passes all of my tests, it will be time for phase 3 of operation "Live the Dream" [... Yes. I am pulling all of these titles, names and such out of thin air. None of this is really thought up past maybe a few minutes of "Hmm... THIS sounds cool!"] which is Phase; Risking Rejection.

You guessed it. I'll be sending the finished manuscript out, hoping someone takes an interest in it. I may require a bit of help in this area, but I think the internet and possibly a family contact that I really am not looking forward to using may come in handy.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

My plan to organize things [phase 1, section B, aka Phase; Don't Lose Your Shit!] is coming along nicely. I set up the structure last night and then began intergrating some of my notes into the system, but only the notes for FCCW. I'll have to work more to add the Corruption notes, as this is Priority 1 [AKA Priority; Fuck You, Me First!] in my mind.

Eventually, I need to make The Plan[tm] and write down all of these witty titles. They humor me and I think they humor you too. But who knows? Better yet, who cares?

First bit of writing may take place this weekend. So far, I have no real plans except having Jack out all day, Saturday and Sunday. He can hop around while I write, I guess. We'll see how it goes. If I have to, I can lock him in his cage for a nice long nap and spend 3 hours writing Chapter 1.

The last decision before that is to happen is actually pretty simple; Does Team Cross get the book Chapter by Chapter, or in one giant Manuscript gulp? I don't know what's better yet, and I've even considered giving it to different Team members in different amounts. Like a daily dose of Corruption.

Yum.

~Time's Up~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget