Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting organized

So, I do a number of projects all at the same time. I cycle between these projects and this is usually how I keep my motivation constantly focused on something instead of getting bored and just falling asleep after work and on weekends constantly.

My current projects are;
Re-writing Corruption and working on more depth-development of the Stinda Series.
My never-ending project of developing the history of my own world Kranin which will translate into numerous books.
A more recent focus on the Graveyard Shift series.
With WWE's Wrestlemania season next month, I'm trying to finish up work on the roster for FCCW so that Road to Glory can start again, this time with a whole new development.

That's a lot going on and I'm not the most organized person in the world. As a matter of fact, I've been known to lose my notes and, unsatisfied with what I can recall from memory, force myself to start over completely.

Thus, I'm taking certain measure to ensure that a) my notes will not be lost and b) people will be able to look at what I'm doing as I'm doing it. Hopefully people will join in on the project, ask questions and keep me motivated that way, but if not, well... I recognize I'm not the most important person in the world. I know I'm not "big news".

Sadly, it starts to feel like Corruption isn't even big news with the people that claimed they loved it a few years ago anymore. I don't really know what happened, but I guess that's really my fault, not the readers. How long can someone be hopeful to see a revision or a sequel before they finally start to think "yeah, doesn't look like it's going to happen?"

Well it's going to happen. It has to happen. My job has lately shown that I can't do what I'm doing for the rest of my life. Nothing against warehouse work or those who perform it, but I just cannot keep this job forever. It will drive me insane. And if my father's stories of his own similar job are anything to go by, it's the same stuff all over. People constantly want more and more for less and less... It's not even management's fault, it's the way the world is turning.

My writing is becoming my Eden. I need to write to rise above what I am now. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of great aspects of my life. My girlfriend, our apartment, my friends and family are all things I hold in the highest regard and have no intention of moving away from. But my job and the status of life it brings, I think I just need something more than this.

And so help me God, I plan on getting it. Whatever it takes.

~Class Dismissed~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget