Thursday, September 9, 2010

Here... It... Comes!

For starters, let's say this;

Next week is Post #100! In about a year and a half, I'll have done 100 posts, meaning a little under 1 per week. Not bad, not bad.

People. Irritate. Me. Namely? My boss... I run a warehouse for a living. I do shipping/receiving and handle the inventory and NFL programs. All lovely things, but I am not a few things; I do not work the factory. I do not do the art. I do not do customer service.

OH! HAHAHA! I lie! I apparently DO work customer service... But not... All of the customer service? Let me explain.

Today we got a call from the customer of our customer. Apparently we accidentally shipped them a wrong item that had nothing to do with their order. We were told by OUR customer after THEIR customer told them. Now, this is a big customer of ours and we have an agreement NOT to talk to THEIR customers. So I didn't. But that was apparently the wrong thing because, FOR SOME REASON, I should be resolving the problem.

Now, who packs the orders? The warehouse? No. The factory's Quality Control department. This is completely out of my hands, but I'm resolving it against an agreement we have with a big customer.

But when our NFL customer talks to me instead of the office about things the office doesn't understand, it's suddenly a problem. See, the NFL doesn't even like talking to the office; They don't handle the problems like I do. And the NFL doesn't like that. The office doesn't like handling issues they don't understand, but Mister Bossman is avid about keeping me out of the loop with the NFL, but sees no issue with me running after smaller customers when the problem doesn't concern me.

Confused? Good. Join the club.

~Class Dismissed~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget