Monday, November 30, 2009

Waiting

I find it amazing how much time one spends waiting around for things.
Some people spend their entire lives waiting for a certain something
to come their way. Other people don't even know what they're actually
waiting foe, but they're waiting all the same. Some people are stuck
in an uncomfortable chair on their lunch break in a cold warehouse,
waiting for some terminal manager to get their rear ends from one
building to the next to let them in their companys storage facility,
just so they can drop a co-worker off and then drive another 20
minutes back to their job to eat canned food!

In case you missed it, the really descriptive, detailed variation was
about me. I'm actually writing the rough draft to what will be a blog
post by the time you read it, stuck in this cold place on thus
uncomfortable thing. I say thing because I feel it may be an insult to
chairs around the world to call whatever this is a chair. And let's
face it, you don't want something that's as close a companion to your
ass as a chair revolting against you. Such a revolution can only end
in pain.

In times like these (times of waiting that is. Because I am still
waiting...) I find something else amazing. The level of which my short
attention span is reliant upon technology to keep it constantly
entertained. I mean, when you think about it, I'm never bored because
I'm always surrounded by technical marvels of this modern age. Even
here in a warehouse, my trusty phone is helping me get a heads start
on todays blog while also giving me something to do other than pacing
and losing my temper (which, by the way, I'm very good at)

You know, on a pissy side note, I was told to wait maybe 7 minutes for
this guy approximately 20 minutes ago. I do not do well with extended
patience.

Getting back to the technology topic, not only does my phone help keep
me from slaying the innocent with my Wrath of Wrathiness(tm) but it's
great in the work place. I recently discovered that I could set up my
work e-mail on my phone, so now I can be bothered 24/7, 365 days a
year, any place! I'm looking forward to customizing my iPhone
signature on e-mails to "Sent from my iPhone while I sit on the
crapper".

I can practically smell the back of the unemployment line already!
Squee!

~Class Dismissed~


A footnote: is it sad that I even included my signature on my phone
draft?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget