Monday, December 7, 2009

Why did I bother?

So... Normally, I rarely admit to doing something stupid. I tend to think I'm a pretty smart guy, and for the most part, I'm right.

But today, I did something pretty stupid. I started remembering things. I let myself think back to high school where I had a few friends and remember people that I wish I had known better. There were people I tried to become friends with and things never worked out. I was one of "those" kids... The ones you didn't talk to because they were either creepy or dangerous looking. When people got close to me, their other friends would warn them away from me with some pretty nasty rumors.

Apparently, though I don't remember it very well, I was a "stalker" and very "violent"... Well, okay. I remember some of the violence. But that was all in good natured fun. Nothing dangerous.

Then I started remembering the friends I used to have... I had a good set a friends, though they had their faults. Of course, I had my flaws to them, too. But we were good friends. I've gone through... Probably a dozen "families"... I miss them, now. It's sad, it's stupid and it's childish... We all grew up, we all willingly went our separate ways...

Now maybe we're too far gone to come back.

See? Bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget