Wednesday, September 9, 2009

3/4

For starters, I'm 3/4 [hence the title] of the way to 100 posts here... Kinda cool, eh? It's been a good 75 posts, getting to share some nutty ideas and vent some frustrations and whatnot. Here's to 3/4 more?

I find myself constantly finding people doing insane, stupid things. My manager at work tends grumble and rant and rave to himself. Except that some times, it's just half-sentence of swearing and anger and when I listen to him, I can't help but think "... You're an idiot."

Of course, I don't think my manager is really an idiot. He runs all of Production and helps us in the Warehouse on the side. He does all this intelligently and for the most part, as fairly as possible. I think he can be kind of harsh with our new kid, but Manager's older and he was kind of strict with me until I started doing things I didn't need to do to help out... And once I started staying for overtime, that's when Manager really warmed up to me; I think I proved myself to him for the company's best interest.

But hearing people do that... "Shit, fuck, God dammit, why can't anyone fucking, Jesus Christ!" cracks me up. When I rant, when I go on and on and on and on [and on!] about stupid shit, at least I'm saying something. [Whether or not anyone gives a damn]

Ahh, technology. Gotta love things like my iPhone. I've been doing something I never saw myself doing; buying music on iTunes. So far, I've bought like 15 songs, which is strange. As a child, I admit I downloaded a few songs in my time [Thank you, Kazaa] but having invested so much money in my CD's, I guess I eventually started to dislike it. It kills the music industry, little by little, and music is too precious to me for me to want to kill it, even if I'm a small percentage in the grand scheme of things.

Thus, money = songs. I only spend a few bucks a week, so it's all good.

Under 2 months until I move! As a matter of fact, I think Bunny and I have a month and a half soon... Which is great, because we can't wait! On the other hand, we haven't packed a damn thing and need to clean the house, so it's that age-old double-edged sword.

Not to mention, we're both working stupidly long hours... I'm working 12 hour days this entire week to attempt to catch up to our goals [which, so far, we're not doing] We're actually re-hiring a guy we let go last year just to try to get more orders done. It's insane. We're shipping 60 orders a day for the NFL and we're still falling further and further behind. Meaning they're entering more than 60 orders a day! Jesus...

Ah well. Being busy means you've got work. I just hope that next year, we do things a little differently and can prepare better than this year.

I don't know if I've said this in the blog lately, but I've said it out loud; My company has one "big bang" season; Back to school. Our contracted work picks up for back to school... We ship orders for colleges for back to school... And NFL Flag starts... Guess when? BACK TO SCHOOL SEASON!

Fuck. My. Life.

~Class Dismissed~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shouting


ShoutMix chat widget